The importance of school library cannot be over emphasized. A library is an important source of knowledge to young minds in schools. The school library plays a significant role in the life of students by serving as the store house of knowledge. Library at El-Bethel School has a vast array of books that are easily accessible to the students. El-Bethel’s library houses a collection of books not only on the subjects taught but references also. Furthermore, the library has a wide range of story books, books on fictions, historical know how, technological advancements, general knowledge etc for the enrichment of the knowledge of the young scholars. Under the able supervision of a competent librarian, the library is well maintained with all new releases available in stock. The School keeps a systematic record of the books being issued and returned by the children. Apart from books the library also provides the children with issues of newspapers, magazines and periodicals. It serves as the hive of academic activities for students, teachers and members in the pursuit of excellence in their respective area of academic pursuits.
Plethora of Resources
If gaining information with ease is the sole agenda, then nothing beats the might of a well-stocked library.
It is a proven fact that reading information off a piece of paper improves focus and concentration ability.
A school library facilitates diverse life skills, thereby enhancing personal development in young children.
The presence of a librarian can be of exceptional assistance. A librarian has thorough insight and can help cater to the needs of specific students. He/she can steer you towards the right direction and help you identify the most appropriate resource for your individual requirement.
A school library plays a key role in developing literacy and the pleasure of reading. It is the perfect place for thinking and learning.
Contributes to Intellect
School libraries are believed to contribute in rich and diverse ways, all aiming at improvement in test scores.
School libraries open a world of wisdom for students.
- The library is one of our most valued teaching - learning resources.
- Strict silence, courtesy and conduct should be maintained inside the library.
- All articles, personal belongings and bags must be left outside while entering the library. Only an exercise book and library book, if it is to be returned, may be taken into the library.
- Books from the School library are issued regularly.
- The library Card needs to be surrendered to borrow books from the library. Only one book will be issued per card and no student can take a book on another's card. A book can be kept for one week only.
- Books not returned within the stipulated time as mentioned entails a fine on per day basis from the date of return.
- Books exclusively meant for reference and consultations are not to be taken out of the library. They remain available to all students all the time.
- Before leaving the library every student must submit for scrutiny the books borrowed.
- Books borrowed from the library must be returned directly to the librarian. They must not be circulated. A student who circulates books borrowed from the library may have his/her library card withdrawn and may be fined as well.
- If any defect is noticed in a book that is being borrowed, the librarian should be notified. Failure to do this check renders one liable to be held responsible for the defect once it is detected, on the return of the book. Fines will be imposed for damages done to books and magazines in the library.
- Books lost or damaged or unreturned must be replaced by the borrower immediately.
- No books will be issued to or retained by the students during summer or winter vacation.