El-Bethel School takes learning aspects of a student very seriously and in today’s world, Science and Technology plays an important role in our day to day lives. This vision of the management of El-Bethel School for its students is made possible through the meticulous planning, organization and implementation of Science Practical’s in the well-equipped laboratories, organized and supervised by the dedicated teachers of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. There is constant supervision of students’ handling of equipment which ensures safety and discipline.
True to this ancient saying, we emphasize hands-on practical work, as far as possible to help our students understand the theories of physics. Lab work helps bring forth the child’s innate curiosity and channelizes it into a systematic exploration. Thus, learning through experiments becomes an integral part of physics. To enhance the learning ability, skills with hands on material, the school has a well-equipped Physics Lab. The laboratory is spacious and well ventilated. The lab is well stocked with sufficient apparatus for the students to work together at a time. Sufficient demonstration materials used as teaching aids like charts, models etc. are stored in the lab. It helps the students a broad array of basic skills, especially experimental and analytical skills and a general understanding of the tools of experimental physics and data analysis.
The Chemistry Lab at El-Bethel School facilitates the state of the art equipment to the young scientists to carry out experiments and enhance their knowledge related to the subject. The Chemistry laboratory is well-stocked with sufficient chemicals so that every student gets the opportunity to carry out the experiments individually. Well-qualified and experienced teachers guide the students to explore the world of science through a meticulously planned schedule of practical classes. Moreover, the safety of every child while handling the chemicals is duly taken care off.
Biologists recognize that knowledge based upon experimental results and accurate observations is gained through a variety of experiences. Thus the role of the laboratory and field learning becomes a key component in understanding biology. The intricately designed Biology Laboratory is planned to meet the demands of the advancement in science and technology. Well equipped with the modern apparatus as well as charts, models and specimens for demonstrations our Biology Lab extends the extensive enriching environment to the young minds.
Rules To Be Followed
Science experiments are vital for the young learners. They are useful in understanding the theories and concepts of science that cannot be studied alone only by science textbooks. But science labs are risky so some safety rules must be followed to avoid incidents.
- Students are not allowed to carry their bags, personal belongings or article inside any of the science labs.
- No eating and drinking is allowed inside any of the science labs.
- Strict silence and discipline to be maintained by the students inside the lab.
- Students are not allowed to handle the apparatus, demonstration items, reagents, chemicals, experimental samples without the permission of the concerned teacher of the respective laboratory. If a student is found guilty of such misconduct he/she will be dealt with strictness.
- Students are allowed to handle the apparatus, or reagents or chemicals etc related to an experiment after understanding the instruction of the concerned teacher and following the correct precautionary measures.
- No experiments must be done in the absence of the concerned teacher or instructor of the particular lab.
- Students must read the label carefully before using any chemicals or reagents or samples.
- Mishandling of laboratory apparatus by any of the students will not be tolerated and if such reports are received from any of the lab instructors by the school authority shall be dealt severely.
- Damage of laboratory equipment by any of the students may call for a replacement or compensation from the parent of the particular student/students after proper scrutiny of the incident.
- The instructions of the concerned teacher or the lab instructor are final and binding on the students. If a student fails to follow them he/she may not be allowed to attend the lab classes from the next class as per his/her class schedule.