Rules & Regulations of Online Application for B.Ed. Admission
- Medium of instructions: Bengali/ English
- The B.Ed. programme shall be of a duration of two academic sessions, which can be completed in a maximum of three years from the date of admission to the programme
- 10% of the seats for self-financed colleges and 10% of the seats for the Department of Teacher Education, WBUTTEPA (David Hare Campus) will be reserved for Deputed teachers of classes VI-XII. Deputed teachers mean the teachers serving in substantive posts.
- Candidates should be Graduates in a school subject from a recognized university.
- Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor's Degree(General) / or in the Master's Degree in School subjects are eligible to apply.
- Bachelor's in Engineering or Technology with Science and/or Mathematics, with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are also eligible for admission. Such candidates are required to enter the marks of B.E/ B. Tech. in the row of Honours Degree. M.E. / M. Tech result (if any) will be entered in the Master's Degree row.
- Honours Graduates in school subject should enter the Honours marks only in the row of Bachelor's degree (Honours).
- In case of General Graduates, the total marks obtained in general subjects should be entered in the row of Bachelor's degree (General).
- For candidates with less than 50% marks in the honours degree, the total marks of pass and Honours subjects will be considered. If it becomes 50% or more, that score will be entered in Graduation (General) row.
- For fresh candidates, merit list will be prepared separately for each school subject based on scoring.
- For Deputed Candidates, merit list will be prepared separately for each school subject based on length of service.
- Reservation of seats in Department of Teacher Education, WBUTTEPA (David Hare Campus) for SC/ST/OBC(A/B)/PWD (Minimum disability 40%) candidates will be as per Govt. Rules. The reservation as stated is not applicable for Self-financed colleges.
- Relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks will be allowed in graduation or postgraduation in case of SC/ST/PWD ( Minimum disability 40%)candidates. That is, in such cases minimum 45% marks will be required instead of 50% marks.
School subjects of teaching offered are those which have been stated in the New Curriculum of WBUTTEPA :
Method / School Subjects List Bengali English Geography History Commerce Life Science Physical Science Mathematics Education
Admission procedure for B.Ed. Course (for Fresh Candidates):
Admission will be on the basis of scores against marks obtained in qualifying examinations and as per norms of University. Maximum Scores against marks for different level of examinations will be as follows:
- Madhyamik/Equivalent Examination : 20
- Higher Secondary Examination : 20
- B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./BBA/BCA (General/Pass) : 20
- B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (Honours) : 30
- B.E./B.Tech. : 30
- M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./MBA/MCA : 30
- M.Phil. 5 score to be added directly
Calculation of Scores against marks for different examinations will be as follows:
Name of the Examination Total Marks Obtained Marks % of Marks (a) Weightage (b) Score (a * b) Madhyamik/Equivalent Examination TM OM M = (OM * 100) / TM 0.2 M * 0.2 Higher Secondary Examination TM OM M = (OM * 100) / TM 0.2 M * 0.2 B.A/B.Sc/B.Com/BBA/BCA (General / Pass) TM OM M = (OM * 100) / TM 0.2 M * 0.2 B.A/B.Sc/B.Com (Honours) TM OM M = (OM * 100) / TM 0.3 M * 0.3 B.E. / B. Tech TM OM M = (OM * 100) / TM 0.3 M * 0.3 M.A/M.Sc/M.Com/MBA/MCA TM OM M = (OM * 100) / TM 0.3 M * 0.3 M. Phil. 5 5
- For scoring in HS, the marks obtained in best five subjects excluding Environmental Studies will be considered.
- Candidates applying with CGPA/SGPA scores must submit supporting documents in respect of conversion from CGPA/SGPA score to percentage of marks from appropriate authority at the time of admission
- Deputed Teachers (as per NCTE norms) from recognized Secondary & Higher Secondary School of West Bengal are eligible to apply.
- Please note very carefully that as per Letter No. DEB/QMC/2013 dated 23.08.2013 issued by the University Grant Commission (UGC),Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi - 110002, University established or incorporated by or under a State Act shall operate Open and Distance Learning(ODL) programme only within the territorial jurisdiction allotted to it under the Act and in no case beyond the territory of the State of its location. Hence, candidates who have obtained degree through ODL mode of learning and wish to apply for admission under this University must fulfil the above criteria issued by UGC.
- On the basis of on-line submission of application and counselling the University shall prepare a merit list without verification of the accuracy and authenticity of the data submitted by the applicants. The rank of the merit list may change due to any inaccuracy / insufficiency and lack of authenticity of the data entered. Applicants shall remain responsible for the inaccuracy / insufficiency and lack of authenticity of the data entered and the candidature may be refused at any stage of admission and even during the continuation of the programme. Admission will be offered by the respective College / department after verification of the accuracy / sufficiency and authenticity of the data entered based upon the panel sent by the University.
For Deputed Candidates
Applicants deputed by School must submit an attested copy of M.C. resolution recording the approval of Service in regard to his/her service with the form.
Following additional documents are required to be submitted positively on the day of joining the B.Ed. programmes in institutions under the University:
- Release order from the Headmaster / Headmistress.
- Attested copy of M.C. resolution with regards to his/her deputation, countersigned by D. I. of Schools (Secondary).
- Certificate from Competent Authority whether the candidate teaches in Class VI or above.
- Three copies of passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Deputation form duly filled in (available from the Institution after admission)
- A certificate with the following information is to be submitted from the Secretary or Headmaster/Headmistress (where he/she is serving) and counter signed by the D.I. of Schools of the District concerned:
- Certified that the School is in receipt of aid on full/ deficit/ lumpsum grant basis or that school in unaided or salary deficit scheme one.
- Certified that she/he is duly approved teacher.
- Certified that she/he is being deputed by the school for undergoing two year B.Ed. Courses (2021-23)